Sunday, May 14, 2017

Charlie the Agent.

Charlie the Agent.
"BTS Cruise lines"? Boy. said Grrr "You must have had one heck of a agent."
"Charlie was the best.  A Tuna he was. He had been in Hollywood since they cranked the cameras by hand . He  knew everybody and was trusted and in Hollywood trust was hard to find by the time you got there kid". Bruce said to Grrr.
 "But  Charlie, Charlie was old school, he looked out for his people and for the studio. He would not send a actor for a movie they could not do just for a percent.  Like family  a father .  If you were between jobs and needed a few bucks or a  fish or two, Charlie knew and would be there.
"Here. You want you should insult me?? Take it..Take it.
 When you are back on top, in the spotlight, look out for the little fish."  He would say.
"Hollywood has lawyers..staff..people from the big schools..Charlie did not finish high school but smarts and honesty and honor he had in full measure.  A heart..most people, or creatures who come to Hollywood to get in pictures don’t. Grrr, you know about the camera."
"That is the cold truth, Bob. You can be the best looking. best British trained actor, but if the camera does not like you, you may as well get back on the bus". Grrr said.
"Or the worst smuck" .Bruce said,  "But if the camera likes you, that smuck is golden.
Many a heart broken  kid Charlie walked to that bus. He put some money for a ticket and meals in the kid”s pocket sent him home.  Some could not go, pride.  Many a backstage guy or girl or creature owed their  start to Charlie. Later, when some  became big, the head of the union or the studios, when Charlie called, they picked up the phone.
I tell you Grrr, if Charlie, ...never mind".  Bruce said with a shake of his fin.
"I am so proud of you kid.  A School Dino you became!  Such a wonderful thing:.   Better  that than anything.   A scholar who teaches the young!!" Said a happy Bruce.

"Bruce, how did you meet Charlie?" Bob asked.
"Well", replied Bruce, "I had been in Hollywood for a couple of years..did a little TV..Sea Hunt..Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Nothing big. When one  day, on the set, I get  a phone call." They lowered the waterproof phone into my tank and it was Charlie.  He  said.   "Hey kid,  How’s by you? I got a deal that would suit you like a glove. Atlantis picture.. they need a young shark...so? "
Of course, I had heard of Charlie, who had not in those days?  So I said..Yes, sir  ..thank you."
"Good..good."  He said. "I will send over  a script and a contact."
 Just the script will be fine sir. I trust you on the contract. I said." Recalled Bruce
 I heard Charlie take the cigar out of his mouth  and say.
"Gott in Heaven!  Another artist I got? ",  he said to me. "Your  young kid,  but you don’t gotta be dumb. Always read the contract."

Image result for picture of a happy  tuna

to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment