Sunday, May 14, 2017

An ol pal made good

Friends


As the group were sitting around Bruce’s pool at lunch, Grrr took Bruce aside for a minute.
"You know Bruce", Grrr said, "This part time job for the  cruise line. For a star like you..I mean we do what we gotta ..but.... I was thinking. I am not in the “Business” any more.I am a retired  Class Dino. But there is a very big lake  that we own, Bob and I, by my cave.
It has a outlet to the sea and is well stocked with fish and Bob agrees,
It is yours if you want it."
"Grrr. my boy!" said Bruce with a tear in his eye. Don’t worry.  Money I got. My agent, may he  rest in peace, knew how to write a contract.  Every time they show those movies or play the song a check lands in my account.
"Then, why the part time gig for the cruise line?" Grrr asked
"My boy", said Bruce. "It is a gig. It  is the public. An actor even an old actor has to act!
Still, like a son. Since the day you saved me."
"You more  than repaid me pal" Grrr said. "Not only the parts, but without JP, I never would have met Gretta."
"No. No,  even now.. like a son.  What cabins are you and your friends in?  First?" asked Bruce.
"Yes,"  Grrr said. "Gretta and Stef wanted a view of the sea and a pvt sitting area."
"One minute". Bruce said taking out his water proof cell phone.
"Now. Yes Now.. Captain..  What!  A problem you have? You are the captain? Sometimes I get water in my phone.  It is hard to tell if I am talking to the Captain or the fella who washes out the pool???
Good..good..stop by for dinner".
"Grrr", Bruce said swimming back to the big dino. "Your cabins are being changed".
"Huh?"..Grrr said
"You and Bob and your friends are moving to the Admiral’s suites."
Grrr and Bob looked at each other. "Bruce, we cannot afford that.Thank you but the cost for one day for that is what we are paying for the whole trip!"
"Cost?"  Bruce said with a big shark smile. "Who said cost? In fact, a refund you are getting my guests your party.   Enjoy."
"Bruce, you don’t understand, there are 10 dinos and humans in our party."
"Thank you." Bob said. "But no matter how well you did in the movies that is too much.
The thought is taken for the deed."
"Goes for me too". Grrr said . "The lake is yours if you ever need it."
"Grrr, Bob, such fellas, like sons!  I would be insulted that you refuse".
"But   Bruce...we..What will your boss say?"
"Fellas.  Who do you think owns ‘BTS Cruise lines”?
"Some big firm I guess" said Bob."Yeah", Grrr  added.
"Boys. It is BTS  “Bruce the shark cruise lines.
I told you my agent knew how to write a contract!!!"
To be continuedImage result for picture of a magnificent state suite on a cruise ship


No comments:

Post a Comment