Wednesday, July 18, 2012


A new American .
As Grrr and Bob were leaving the ship they saw a young dino being taken to the captain.
 I wonder what is going on? Grrr said. I don't know. Bob replied, we have a few minutes to kill, let's go to find out find out.
 It seems that a young dino named Erk had  been a stowaway on the ship.
He had sneaked aboard while the ship was docked at the island.
As the two pals walked into the captain's office they could hear the young dino pleading with the captain. Please sir, I just want to be an American dino I want to live in a place where people can be free.
I have studied American history and I know all about it .
I know about George Washington and the Civil War and about World War II and the Constitution and the flag .
I just want to be an American.
Well, that is a very noble thing to want to be. Said the captain. But you cannot come on the ship and not pay for a ticket .You cannot enter the country without permission .you must follow the rules like everyone else.
 I know I know .but you see I don't have any money. I will work for your ship.
 I will do anything. I will wash the deck's I will scrape the paint off . I will clean the bathrooms.
 I will do anything you ask. I just want to be an American. 
Well I'm sorry. Said the captain again. But you do not have a ticket.

Bob looked at Grrr and said. That kid  sounds more like an American than a lot of Americans I know .
What do you say, we see if we can pull a few strings? Sounds good to me said Grrr.
Excuse us captain, but what if we pay for the boy's passage?
 This kid sounds like a better American than a lot of Americans we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment