Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Pizza and the Raptor.   part lll.

"A cookbook!, Doc, are you out of your ever loving blue eyed mind?" Asked GRRR.
" My..ur..eyes are not blue more a tan and I fail...to uh see. It is clear that my dear Flower..is...ummm..somewhat lacking in the art of baking and therefore a cookbook..would seem the very thing needed to..um..rectify the ..problem".
"Doc, you are not dealing with a student or a client, this is your wife.
 Look Doc, have a root beer..we need to talk."
"Root beer? Dear me no thank you. The sugar is not all good and we never drink any thing in cans ..oh. heavens no..bottles only."
"Just drink it Doc and learn. Flower is a girl and women do not see the world the way we do nor do they react as we do."
"Now, Grrr, I have always held the view that the so called "gender difference" is but the social result of education. The mind, of all dinos regardless of gender, is rational..and..."

"Doc, you have been married for a few months and before that spent your time in the library.  Gretta and I have been married a long time and while I do not hold the view that the mind of one gender is better than the other, I KNOW..not think or suppose, KNOW that they are different.
"Flower's pie was a part of her,a gift, that she was giving to you, when you scientifically critiqued it, you hurt her feelings."
"It...that is to say..it was never my intent to ..Flower is the center of my life..why..I would even..even eat meat..rather than disappoint her!"
"I know that Doc, but the one you have to tell that to is Flower".

Later..
"My boy, said a happy Doctor H, over the phone.. I spoke to Flower as you suggested. All is well. My dear one spoke to Stef and Gretta and they are teaching her to cook!  I picked up some flowers and organic candy and she, dear girl, acquired for me some very fine organic greens  all is well in the world".

"Glad things are back to normal Doc" replied Grrr as he winked at Gretta and popped a cold can of root beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment