Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The saga of Andy Ant.



Bob and Grrr were sitting around the lair in the swamp watching monster movies..when Grrr put "Them" on the projector.
"You know Grrr, this one of the best monster movies.Ya  remember we used to show it to the wolfchildren? Great special effects..those giant ants look real."
" Look, real? buddy, I got news for you. They are real." said Grrr 
"Yeah, right. sure"..said Bob ,"tell me another one."
"They are real, I know some of those guys from Hollywood. Wanna meet one?" Asked Grrr?
"Buddy", said Bob, "What have you been putting in your rootbeer?"

"Ok, wiseguy, said Grrr, taking out his cell phone, punching a number, "Andy, hey buddy, doing well..how are things in the nest? ..glad  to hear it, You free today? I would like you to meet my buddy Bob...yeah, the teacher, he is a big fan. ...Ok, check with the queen. I will wait.
"You can? great! Please tell her Majesty, I said thanks. See you soon."

About ten minutes later, Bob heard a whistling  shshshshshsh sound at the door of the lair as he turned to look two BIG antennae appeared. "what the.."Bob said, reaching for his Mauser and clambering a round of 8mm fmj.

"Chill out  Bob," said Grrr with a grin," That is only Andy, you wanna scare him?"
"Scare Him!!!" Said Bob as he worked the bolt to take the round out of the chamber, put it back in the magazine, and  placing the Mauser on "safe" put it back in the corner, "I almost spilled my coffee!!!!!"

"Andy, pal come on in and meet Bob. Don't mind the Mauser, Bob was a Marine."
"Well, howdy Bob", said Andy Ant, "Nope don't mind that rifle atall,  I am from New Mexico..grew up with shooting irons..don't rightly feel at home around folks that don't like rifles."

An amazed Bob. shaking Andy's hand said, "Sir, this is truly an honor, I have seen your movie a hundred times and never tire of it. It is one of the great American Classics."

"Well, now that is mighty kind of you Bob. Please call me "Andy" I have heard good things from Grrr about  you as well.  Seems you used my little movie to teach our great American History. The Queen and the whole Nest was mighty proud of that."

Handing Andy a big plate of sugar cookies and a large class of southern sweet tea, Grrr said "We are about to look at "Them."    Before we start, Bob was wanting to know how you got into the movies...he actually believed that they were rubber ants in the movie."

Looking at Bob and wiggling his big antennae in laughter," Nothing to be ashamed of". A kindly Andy said to an embarrassed Bob. "Just shows we did our job well, that is what people were supposed to think."

"Well, said Andy, " it was about 52 or 53 I think......" to be continued....

Image result for picture of new mexico desert

No comments:

Post a Comment