Monday, June 12, 2017

"Dad, I get lunch and if I work late, dinner. I did what you said and negotiated.  Rexy got a job too and we get overtime and get to ride the rides for free."  Gerrr jr said.
"Got it all figured out. " Grrr replied.
"Dad" replied a hopeful Grrr jr.,"I know how you and mom feel; but this is better than working on the golf course and uncle Al said that we might even get our picture on the net".
"No son of mine is going on the net as as a dino bot! I will have something to say to Al Gator  about this." Grrr snarled.
GrrrJr. went to see his mom.
“Mom, you gotta talk to dad. He wants me to to give up my job at the park. I don’t care about a stupid wire attached to my tail!  I get to see Rexy and make some money and it is honest and dad  won’t listen”
"You know  how your father feels about honor"  Gretta said. "He takes keeping one’s word very seriously.”
“I know mom. But Mr. Keller is a good human and uncle Al helped and .”
“Son. Go see your uncle Bob  He and Grrr go back a long way.”.
 “He won’t go against dad mom!”
"No, and he should not.”  Gretta said,” But perhaps he can help you work something out”.
Grrr Jr. went over to see Bob.
“Hello kid.  What is the matter..grades? You look like you lost your last history book”
“Hello Sir. Nothing to do with school. Its my dad.”
“What did you do now ?” Asked Bob putting down his coffee cup.
 “Why do adults always assume that a kid “Did something?” Grrr Jr asked,
“Because we know kids.” Replied Bob with a smile.
“It is my new job at the park.  Dad thinks that being a robot dino is bad and wants me to quit and I need the job and it’s not fair.” "Grrr is usually a reasonable fellow and he is proud that you want to work. So what is the problem the robot bit?" 
"Yes sir". Jr told Bob about his having to pretend to be a "robot dino" and Grrr thinking that that was not honest. 
 "Your father is right it is not honest. Said Bob. 
"But I need the job..Rexy.." said Grrr Jr. 
 "Hold on kid.. Talk to Mr Keller and tell him you will be happy to play a real REX which you are but not a robot which you are not."  
Grrr Jr spoke to Mr Keller who saw that as a fine idea. A lot of parks have robot dinos..but very very few have  REAL T Rex! He even gave Grrr Jr a season's pass to the water slide for him and Rexy. 
 The next morning as the pals met in their LAIR in the swamp.
"Thanks for talking to Jr. Sometimes..kids.. I don’t know." Replied Grrr
"Jr. is OK. Just think about the stuff we did. Kid will be fine. Remember how he stood up for Rexy when they fell asleep in the movies?"Image result for picture of a amusement park

No comments:

Post a Comment