Saturday, June 10, 2017

MAKING THE ROUNDS IN HOLLYWOOD.




"So", said Andy Ant, "I was making the rounds trying to get someone to look at my project with no luck, you know how that goes Grrr. " Sure do" Agreed Grrr. My feet still get tired thinking about it."He said with a grin.
"Well" continued Andy, taking a drink of his sweet tea and a bite of his sugar cookie.  "I was very tired  and I gotta say hungry. We did not have a lot of human money in the Nest, only what we found and the Queen in her kindness had given me that for expenses, but I had to make it last  and last and last. I finally  just had to  stop into an old  dinner by the studio in Culver City.  Big fella, for a human looked at me and said "good makeup." I just nodded and ordered a cup of  cocoa with lots of sugar. The big human looked at me and said "why not put a bit of cocoa in your sugar...hard day?"
" I nodded, now as I said we don't take to strangers; but LA IS a strange place and I missed the Nest and this was the first kindly word any being had said to me since I left home. Well, we got to talking and the big human, his name was Jim, told me that he was an actor looking for a project, not doing too well as he did not have a lot of backing  ie money, I told him that I had a project but I could not get anyone to look at it. He said. "Heck, son, I will look at it."
He read my script and said. " This is great, but I could never afford the special effects".
That is when I decided to take the chance of a lifetime, I told him that I was an ant and about the nest and that we would not need a lot of SF money as the whole nest would help out".
    Now fellas, most places, humans would not have believed me or if they did, they would have pulled out a can of  "Raid". Not Jim and not Hollywood. Jim nodded lit a cigarette and asked me over to his house to talk. We  talked all night and set up the picture right that night.
He asked me where I lived and I told him that I had not found a place, being a ten foot ant it was hard to get a room so I was living in the park. Jim, said that he could see the problem but that sleeping in the park was dangerous, lots of strange people in Hollywood. He allowed as he had an extra room and that I was welcome. Folks starting out in those days helped each other."
 "As long as they were not competing for the same part." said Grrr with a grin.
"True enough". said Andy. "Well, the next day we went to the studio and set things up."

Image result for picture of a old greasy spoonImage result

No comments:

Post a Comment