Saturday, August 12, 2017

The wolfman's story back in old England.

"Of course friend Bob and Grrr, I took it to be superstitious foolishness.  Yet to refuse a gift was to insult the giver. so I took the ring..Later I was very glad of it. That was the last time I would see my Rom for a while. When I returned to base, the Governor .." "Excuse me?" asked Bob. "Brit for the commanding officer" Put in Grrr. Larry nodded at his old T Rex friend and continued" The Gov..ur Commanding Officer, Col. Blave took one look at my blood stained and torn uniform and said ' It is the MO (medical officer) for you my lad.'  The good doctor looked me over and not wanting to open a can of worms, I simply said that I was walking in the woods when a beast attacked. Which as close to the truth as I saw it prudent to tread. Well, he sent me to hospital and as news had come of the German call for peace, it was felt that I may as well be sent home for treatment..fear of rabies you see. In the army when they say you are going, as being a marine Bob you would understand." Bob raised his cup and nodded. "You are going and I just had time to dash off a note to my Rom friends when I found myself on troopship to England. The war ending, I was demobbed and returned to home and books; Well, when I first got home, after perhaps a glass of port too many, I locked myself in the store room and went to the window and saw myself a wolf and to my shock became one. I was still Lawrence, the ring you see, but a wolf. Never one smart enough to leave well enough alone. Next full moon, I again locked myself in, I had had a time lock installed on the door and leaving the RING off,Well it worked after a fashion, I recall little.. a red rage and  the room was torn to bits. Chaps that ring has not left my finger since 1923; a tad of a dreamer I may be but a fool I am not. Alas  the fortune of the family was in sharp decline.  All for England and no regrets of course; but  things did become a bit sticky. Any way the family needing my aid and America being the land of milk and honey, I was off to the colonies. In NY I met a friend Hans Von Mauser who was in the movie business and in need of a person with some knowledge of the Rom." " Excuse me pal but you Brits had just spent four years shooting at guys named Hans, no?"
Larry got a puzzled look on his face. After a minute he said " Oh I see. It was a different world Friend Grrr. I was British and Hans  was German so of course both being gentleman, we defended our nations: as gentlemen, we could and would do nothing else. But ya see the war was over as it was as a gentleman that Hans came to my aid.   To be continued  Image result for picture of a old movie set

No comments:

Post a Comment