Friday, December 5, 2014

Tex Rex part 4

"Well now as I recall the phone rang and the big young fella there", pointing to Grrr, "was on the other end...".  said Tex Rex.
"Well, now let me go back a ways. I had been makin pictures for a spell, bit parts, y'all see mostly they were lookin for the big fellas but I did ok.  King Kong paid for mah spread in the hills and there was "Mighty Joe Young" and a few others but by 2005, well, Cowboys and Dino movies were sorta past. Unlessen ya'all wanted to be an anti-hero.This here bad is good and good is bad "edgey" foolishness? Nope."   I just don't cotton to that.  Younkers both dino and human go to those movies and Ah of the mind that ya'all got a duty to teach young'uns right. 
Ah, not opposed to playin the wild rex, honest huntin and eaten is what rex do . So I had a few parts in "Lost world" type films. it was the Duke who fixed me up on the 1,000,000 B.C. cave man movie. 
A bit of TV Saturday Night movie work. Sifi channel. Even did some Japanese movies with Godzilla and Rodan.
Still, Gotta say that things was a mite spare when Grrr called. He had become a Class-dino by then". Turning to look at Grrr, Tex said "that Pard, I gotta say, made all of us Rex proud." 
 "Wasn't nothing." said a modest and a bit embarrassed Grrr. "Blame this ole ape." he said pointing at Bob. 
"Not so, The kids loved him and Gretta. In fact they still ask for him and her." replied Bob
"Well, now the big fella",Tex resumed,  pointing   at Grrr," called me and asked me if I would do him a favor and consider the part in "Aztec Rex". as he was out of the craft, which if ya'all consider that  he was a "name" after JP, was a  mighty kind way of him puttin it. Any way I went down and....."
To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment