Friday, November 7, 2014

Mr. Grrr Rex please report to the Captain's office!

A deck officer walked up to Grrr and asked "Excuse sir. Are you Mr Grrr Rex? "
"yes, what can I do for your?" replied Grrr
"The Captian would like to see you sir" the officer replied. 
"What about?" ask Grrr
"Your son has gotten himself in a bit of a spot sir. The Captain will explain."
As Grrr hurried into the Captain's office, he saw Grrr Jr, in his swim suit, dripping on the captain's rug, a rather large crewdino standing behind Jr. and a very angry and unhappy looking captain.
"Thank you for coming Mr. Rex. "

"Your welcome Captain. What is the problem?"
"Your son, sir, was diving..diving off the fantail of my ship!!
"Why, except for the good offices of Mrs. Gorgo, who was swimming beside the ship and rescued him, he would now be 20 miles astern and feeding the fish!!!!"

"Thank you. Captain" said Grrr.
"Jr". said Grrr. "Why were you in the sea????"
"That is Not all sir." an angry captain interjected.
"I had to heave-to and put boats in the water. I shall have to file a report with the Coast Guard and the Insurance people!"
"Thank you Captain.  I see that this a serious matter. But the boy still has a right to speak.
Son???" 

"I ..I ..I am sorry dad, Captain, I did not mean to bother you sir..I.."
"Young fellow, the sea is unforgiving; not thinking at sea is a very good way to end up in a fish's belly..I should confine you for the cruise." said the Captain. "Please wait outside."
Turning to his Head of security, the Captain asked 'What do you think Bill?"
"He seems like a good kid sir, shame to send him to the brig". 
"What do you say Mr. Rex?" the Security officer asked.
"He is a good kid and I would hate to ruin his trip, but I see Captain's point as well, he cannot let this go by or half the kids on the ship may do it tomorrow." replied Grrr.
"Perhaps we could let him work this off?" said the Security man.
"What do you mean?" asked Grrr.

"Well, we have him move cargo in the hold..hot and dirty and nasty down there for a few days, he can still have nights off for social things but I will work his tail off during the day. No other kid will go near the rail and the boy has his cruse back."
"Thank you Bill, that seems fair to me. What do you say Grrr?" 
"That is more than kind sirs. I will call in Jr."

No comments:

Post a Comment