Tuesday, January 14, 2014

NEW TIRES AND LEAVES

Grrr and Bob were looking out the window.

"Looks like the rain stopped old ape." said Grrr 
"Yep, you know what that means?"  asked Bob.
"yep, that honi-do list" replied Grrr.
Just then Grrr's boy, Grrr Jr came in and he did not look happy.
"What's up son. You and Rexy have a fight.?"
"No, nothing like that dad." replied Jr. "It's ok."
"Does not look 'OK" to me sir. What gives?" asked Bob.
"It is the bike..." Grrr jr started to say.
"if you wrecked it.." replied Grrr.
"Nothing like that Pop. it is the tires, they are just about shot. Mr. Bronto has none in stock that would fit a bike that old. The guy down at Triceratops tires does but I don't get paid till the first and ..I am Ok with the tires till then but I worry if Rexy is on the bike. I was thinking of going to the junk yard and see what he had."
"Son, putting junk tires on the bike just means that they wear out sooner. as I recall tires were $25 bucks a piece." said Grrr.
"Not any more dad. They are $ 50 a tire and that assumes that you have the tools to put them on. Otherwise it is $ 110 a tire.. I have $ 60 bucks ...and Mr. Bronto would let me have the tires till pay day but he would have to order them and that would take a month..."
Bob looked at Grrr. "Are you thinking what I am old reptile?"
"Sir, your mom and Aunt Stef want us to rake and mow and plant..." said Bob.
"I know you guys hate that stuff, but I kinda like doing it. I ..." said Jr.
"Hold on son. You need $40 bucks for tires." said Grrr "And a few bucks to take Rexy out." put in Bob
"So hows about this..you do this yard work for us and we kick in $ 40 bucks each. That takes care of the tires and some pocket money till pay day.?"
"Wow..You guys mean it????!!! OH WOW..WOW... thank you...thank you.!!!"
"But you know dad and Mr. R you don't have to I like doing it and..."
"Sir, we know. and put in Grrr,"I  know a rex who HAS the tools to change the tires and can show you how and give you  the tools  as he does not need them."  Jr was roaring and banging his tail on the ground in happiness, "who dad who?"  Jr asked ....."Me." said Grrr  " I will show you the box trick for changing tires on a bike." said Bob

Later that day when the girls got home, Gretta and Stef said 'You boys did a fine job on the lawn it looks very nice."

Bob and Grrr just grinned at each other as Jr rushed happily  to the phone to call Rexy.



No comments:

Post a Comment