Saturday, June 22, 2019

May I pray a boon? asked Vlad the vampire

Grrr was watching the TV from his favorite recliner when the phone rang.
"Babe..the phone" yelled Grrr.
"Dear you know I have to get ready for my appointment with Stef."
"%$^* mumbled Grrr as he got up and went to the phone.
"Grrr here wanta ya want?"
"Mine friend is this perhaps a bad time?" asked Vlad  his vampire pal.
"Naw,  What is up pal? You got a new old horror flick down at your movie palace?"
"Nine mine Friend..I mean ya..but that is not why I called.  I fear that I must pray a boon. Replied Vlad.
"Sure, what do you need pal?" asked Grrr.
"Mine friend, I am in your debt..it is not with lightness that I would so ask this boon but the matter is of some weight...Vlad spoke with a old fashioned graveness.
"Pal, my root beer is getting warm, what do ya need? asked Grrr.
"I ..I forget that you moderns..I get to the point as you would say..the very heart of the matter!!!! said Vlad
"Pal, yeah getting to the point is good,,what do ya need? replied Grrr.
"I shall of course reimburse you at once I ...."
"Pal..WHAT DO YA NEED? asked Grrr
"Sun block! I have forgotten mine password for to shop on the net and I have but a small supply left..it comes..is made for us in the old country and if you could order a new supply for me to be dispatched at once?...replied Vlad'
"Ok hold on..same address? asked Grrr
"Yes.  Mine friend"
About two minutes later Grrr was back.
"Ok I had a year's supply sent and with express shipping it should be here in less than a week. Is that ok buddy?"
"Thank you mine friend"  said a relieved vampire  if you will tell me the cost I shall at once dispatch funds...."
"No need pal, it is but a return of favors for those wonderful movie nights  said Grrr..But if I may ask? Since when do ya children of the night need sunblock? "
"Sigh. It is that darn book by Stoker or perhaps the movies again! You vould not believe the trouble that have coursed us undead.  said an annoyed Vlad.
"Sorry pal, I did not know that it was a personal matter..." said an embarrassed  Grrr.
"Nine..Nine mine friend! Not at all never to a friend. It is just..Vell it seems that many get the wrong idea. Of course ve of the Nosferatu may walk in the day! It is just that vell, living in Florida, Vell it is good to be with such friends as you and Bob but the Sun in summer can be a bit much!"Image result for picture of a polite vampire
     

No comments:

Post a Comment