Sunday, November 7, 2021

The Pizza and the Raptor.

 

Dr. H. the  Hadrosaur, who married Flower, the hippy raptor, stopped Grrr in the hallway of the "Wellness Center" where they both worked as councilors.
"Ahem..Grrr..have you a minute?..There is a ..ummm.. personal matter..that I would value your advice on."
"Sure Doc, step into my lair" Grrr replied.
"Well..ahh..Grrr", said Dr. H. "I must say, not in any way being judgmental, that our professional consulting rooms should perhaps not be refereed to as "lairs".  Indeed the use of such unprofessional nomenclature must at least, on a subconscious level, tend to lessen the effectiveness of our processes ."
"Humm" said Grrr, popping a rootbeer and passing over a bowl of leaves to Dr.H.
"Doc," said Grrr. "I have known you for a while and you never seemed to care about this before. What is really on your mind'?
Absently chewing on some leaves, Dr. H replied "Flower and I had our first fight..not a fight...no..a disagreement..not that..uhh..an inability to reach consensus".
"Ok, Grrr said "you had a fight..what did you do?"


"I..I..do?..I gave a honest reply..Flower and I value the ability to share truth and acting in the spirit of that value, I simply replied to an inquiry she posed."
"Doc, what was the question and what did you say?"
"Flower..she..made us an organic pizza, it was her first attempt..and when she asked what it ..that is to say..how..or how it might compare to that found at the restaurant, I said that ..The crust was too hard and the pie under baked and the tomato  paste..ah..somewhat lacking." 
"She ..ah..did not take this in the spirit of which it was offered..dear me.. no. She roared at me, she never did that before, and ran to bedroom". "She would not come out and I slept on the couch, in the morning, when I woke, she left a note  saying that she had gone to see Gretta. The room, Grrr, was torn to bits."  
"Grrr, I am not sure..what to do. I was thinking about getting her a cookbook.
  What do you think?"
 Doc, are you out of your ever loving blue eyed mind?" Asked GRRR.
" My..ur..eyes are not blue more a tan and I fail...to uh see. It is clear that my dear Flower..is...ummm..somewhat lacking in the art of baking and therefore a cookbook..would seem the very thing needed to..um..rectify the ..problem".
"Doc, you are not dealing with a student or a client, this is your wife.
 Look Doc, have a root beer..we need to talk."
"Root beer? Dear me no thank you. The sugar is not all good and we never drink any thing in cans ..oh. heavens no..bottles only."
"Just drink it Doc and learn. Flower is a girl and women do not see the world the way we do nor do they react as we do."
"Now, Grrr, I have always held the view that the so called "gender difference" is but the social result of education. The mind, of all dinos regardless of gender, is rational..and..."

"Doc, you have been married for a few months and before that spent your time in the library.  Gretta and I have been married a long time and while I do not hold the view that the mind of one gender is better than the other, I KNOW..not think or suppose, KNOW that they are different.
"Flower's pie was a part of her, a gift, that she was giving to you, when you scientifically critiqued it, you hurt her feelings."
"It...that is to say..it was never my intent to ..Flower is the center of my life..Why..I would even..even eat meat..rather than disappoint her!"
"I know that Doc, but the one you have to tell that to is Flower".


  
Gretta, and Stef were in Gretta's house as Flower walked in in tears.
"Flower, what is wrong?" a concerned Stef asked.
"What is the matter sister?" asked Gretta.
"Haddy..he..he" Gretta and Stef looked at each other and at Flower's raptor claw, relived to see it unstained.
"Sit down sister and tell us". said Gretta as Stef poured Flower a cup of tea.
"I ..I made him a Pizza..it was all organic, Stef, you know how hard that is" Stef nodded. I ..asked him how he liked it and he hated it and now he hates me and I got mad and tore up the bedroom and ..I am a bad wife."
Stef and Gretta looked at each other. "Sister, asked Gretta, did you go Jurassic on Dr. H? "  "Oh, no..never..I love him...now he does not love me" she cried.
Stef said "Flower, listen child. you are just married. Gretta and I have been with Bob and Grrr for years.
Of course Dr. H still loves you..you two just had your first spat. 
"But we are not ...we..never,,we can't".
"Sister, Gretta said, every couple has a spat now and then. 
Guys just don't see things the way we do. "We would rather go to the mall, or the Opera or plant, Grrr and Bob would prefer to get lost in an old book or go shooting or build things in their  smelly shop...right Stef ?" 
"True, try to get Bob to give up coffee and drink organic tea and he is always looking at new Mausers. Why I have no Idea and, we have been together for years Flower."
 But ..But ..he did not like my pie",Flower said.
"Sister, I love you and have since the nest, but you never could cook". Gretta said.
"You just cannot put what feels right in a recipe, you have to follow steps."
"Gretta", said Stef, "lets show her." The girls went into the kitchen and showed Flower the steps in baking a pie.




Later..
"My boy, said a happy Doctor H, over the phone.. I spoke to Flower as you suggested. All is well. My dear one spoke to Stef and Gretta and they are teaching her to cook!  I picked up some flowers and organic candy and she, dear girl, acquired for me some very fine organic greens  all is well in the world".

"Glad things are back to normal Doc" replied Grrr as he winked at Gretta and popped a cold can of root beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment