Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Education 4 Reading

 Education 4

Reading
There were two ways to learn to read.
Both have their merits; Flash cards and phonics.
I learned via flash cards so I can read very very fast but have a problem sounding out new words. My lady wife learned via phonics she has no problem with sounding out new words but it slower to read. if you can learn both.
Get a dictionary and look up the exact meaning of words.
My Prof Uncle, used to keep a piece of paper in his books to write down new words to look up. A fine habit and one I recommend.
If, as you read, you start to fail to comprehend, and we all do.
Go back to the LAST place you understood and start again.
That usually works.
Unless you are taking a timed test, never be frightened to take your time as you read and make very sure you understand.
NOTE:
Understanding does not mean agreement. I read a LOT I dont agree with. But it does mean that you can understand WHAT you read.
1 comment
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment