Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Not here yet

"Hey Joe? The ship from Center is over do!  You know it was to be here by now."
"Keep your shirt on Joan, you know that some times they stop to pick up a bit of cargo here or there. Anything to make an extra buck"
"Yeah, I do know." said Joan as she looked into her screen. "But I heard things and well ya know.?"
"I know kid. Joe replied. I heard it too;  but you know that is only talk. The big people  are not going to war. Far too much to lose and they know it. The ship is just a bit late is all.
Still, I would be a lot happier if we knew or could build our own ships." Said Joan
"Yeah, I agree. But you know how that goes. The pols figured that it was cheaper just to have Central World build the  ships and  manufacture the tech and you know no one is ever going to vote to pay more tax to build plants  Just make poor copies of stuff on the outter worlds?   Get others to pay? Sure! Good idea!  Tax the rich.  But us pay?? Not on  yer life/"

The ships are still late

Image result for picture of a ghost town

No comments:

Post a Comment